EUROCONTROL’s European Safety Programme for Air Traffic Management (ATM) - ESP Photo Competition
Safety must always be foremost in our thinking and Air Traffic Management (ATM) is at the heart of aviation safety – in the air and on the ground. Within Europe, EUROCONTROL has launched a challenging programme of work – the European Safety Programme for ATM (ESP). This programme brings together all related components of ATM safety, including human resources, training, equipment and procedures and looks systematically at safety regulation and safety management. In short, the ESP aims to provide a common minimum level of Safety Regulation and Safety Management in the airspace of the 42 ECAC States.
The application of a minimum level of maturity for safety regulation and management by States and their ATS Providers requires the completion of a wide ranging coordinated array of activities by EUROCONTROL and the different stakeholders in the ECAC States. It’s a challenging programme because 42 States across Europe are committed to implementing these activities by the end of 2008.
In any programme of work communication is a key enabler, but this is especially so in one involving the many different stakeholders, countries and cultures.
As part of the ESP’s communication activity we have launched a photo competition, the key aim being to raise awareness of the ESP programme as a whole. It also provides an opportunity for us to reach out to aviation enthusiasts on a global basis. The theme is Safety in our Skies and it is open to anyone over the age of 18. Full details of how to enter can be found on our website www.eurocontrol.int/esp.
1st Prize – Canon EOS 400D Camera
2nd Prize – Fujifilm Finepix A700 Digital Camera
3rd Prize – Apple IPOD Shuffle 512 MB
Terms & conditions
- The organizer of the competition is the European Safety Programme for ATM (ESP), EUROCONTROL.
- The competition is open to anyone worldwide.
- Applicants must be over 18 years of age.
- The deadline for competition is 12 January 2007.
- Entrants can submit up five photographs.
- The theme of the photo competition is aviation safety – in particular we are looking for the human aspect of aviation safety.
- Photos must be submitted through completion of an on-line entry form which can be found on www.eurocontrol.int/esp, and can be either in black and white or colour.
- Photos must be of a high resolution and in digital format.
- Retouching/manipulation of images is accepted provided that all works are original works and not copies of other people’s works.
- EUROCONTROL reserves the right to block any entry should the content be deemed inappropriate.
- EUROCONTROL accepts no liability for incomplete, delayed or non-receipt of entries.
- Entrants must supply a live and continuing email address for notification purposes.
- Entries will be judged by a panel of three.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be available.
- EUROCONTROL reserves the right to award a similarly priced prize should the make and model not be available at the time of purchase.
- The jury’s decision on the winning entry will be final and EUROCONTROL will not enter into any communication or correspondence regarding individual entries.
- The jury’s decision will be announced to the winners by email by 31 January 2007, and at the ATC Maastricht exhibition on 14 February 2007.
- The decision of EUROCONTROL on who are the winners is final and no discussions or correspondence can be entered into on their decision.
Entering the competition
By entering the competition, the entrants:
- Warrant that they have created and own the work submitted (including all elements of the work) and that nothing within any work has been copies or added from another person’s work.
- Warrant that the whole copyright and any other form of intellectual property right in the work is vested in them.
- Warrant that they have not in any way assigned, licensed, disposed of, or otherwise encumbered any of their rights which allow them to deal freely with the work and the copyright therein.
- Warrant that they have obtained model releases from any persons featured in their submitted photographs allowing publication and use of the works as contemplated by these entry rules and conditions.
- Grant licence to EUROCONTROL and agree that their work may be exhibited at venues organised by EUROCONTROL and through the EUROCONTROL website, or at places throughout the world.
- Agrees that EUROCONTROL may reproduce, crop or make other minor alterations for the purposes of including them in marketing or communication activities and may licence the reproduction of any entries submitted, without charge.
- Acknowledge that EUROCONTROL relies fully upon the warranties and licence given by entrants when submitting their entries and in consideration of EUROCONTROL including works submitted by entrants in any marketing or communication activity, entrants indemnify and hold EUROCONTROL harmless from any claims, actions, proceedings, costs and expenses arising as a result of any allegation that the relevant entrant did not own or is not wholly entitled and authorised to allow publication and reproduction of the work by EUROCONTROL.
Download, print and post
Download "Terms & conditions"
We encourage as many people to enter as possible,
so get clicking…. and good luck to all who enter!
Please also visit our website www.eurocontrol.int/esp to learn more about our safety initiatives.
If you have any queries, send us an email to [email protected].
Safety is paramount in aviation, and within
The European Safety Programme for ATM,
we are passionate about safety!
See more news in Photography |
| Mail to friend | Add Skycontrol to favorites